In accordance with Jesus’ teaching, and the example He gave us, we strive to help those in need; not just within the church family, but outside it too: The Wandsworth Community, and the wider world.
• Hospital visits every week. A small group visits St. George’s Hospital to cheer the patients with song and fellowship.
• Feeding the homeless – we participate in feeding our homeless guests at Waterloo and Lincoln’s Inn Fields. Also, we support and mingle with our local homeless guests in the Wandsworth area giving them food, clothing and general encouragement.
• Community Fair: a new annual feature, including a health clinic, careers advice, I.T fair, Children’s activities, Senior citizen’s club, stress management seminars & more!
• Community Health Fair: a new annual feature, including health checks, complementary medicine, health foods, seminars, children’s corner & much more!
• Prison ministry: Some of our members are involved in a befriending scheme for prisoners. This involves writing letters, and personal visits.
Prayer is an essential part of our church family life. We know that we need God’s help for all that we do as a church and as individuals, and we know that our work is fruitless without the blessing of the Holy Spirit. We pray every time we meet, but particularly meet to pray together as one large group on the second and fourth Wednesday of the month. We meet at Putney Park at 8pm for a short time of devotion followed by prayer for an hour or so. There is often a specific focus for our prayers – perhaps a mission concern or one of the areas of our ministry – along with a more general prayer time when we can bring the things on our hearts before the Lord and with each other. All are welcome to join us.